Radiation Day 1
Well it’s official…My transformation into a Stan Lee type superhero has begun. Early this afternoon, in what was a very short and relatively painless process, I was shot, beamed, zapped…whatever you want to call it…with a healthy dose of “cancer annihilating” radiation. I had a lot of nerves leading up to today and it went off without a hitch so thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.
My favorite thing about the whole process is that I get to listen to whatever music I want during the treatment and here was today’s playlist if you want to follow along at home:
1. “Wish You Were Here” by Pink Floyd
2. “Unobstructed Views” by Death Cab for Cutie
3. “Synchronicity II” by The Police
4. “Minnesota, WI” by Bon Iver
5. “Paranoid” by Kanye West (it was hard not to get up and dance to this one)
For those of you who have asked…my schedule for radiation is five days a week for six weeks. Tomorrow it is at 1:15 pm and starting next week it will be at 12:15 pm for the rest of the treatment.